Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Two sides to a coin

It never seizes to surprise me how much I love and hate travelling all at the same time. After travelling back and forth across the US last year and spending two months in Europe and then flying across the US again these last 2 weeks, you figured that I would be used to all the delays and headaches that come with travel. Here I am sitting at the Orlando airport waiting for yet another delayed flight. Why did I even bother leaving Gainesville at 6AM if my flight was going to be delayed until nearly noon!?!? And to my luck, Im probably going to miss my connecting flight... again. I bought this flight specifically because I wanted to get to Cincinnati early to get my car and stuff, but instead this "morning" trip has turned into a whole day trip. If I dont make my flight (which is highly likely) I wont get to Cincinnati until almost 5 PM! Needless to say Im not very "giddy" right now... the worse part is that I know this flight is only delayed because I actually arrived at the airport early. Go figure!
At least I bought a book to read on the flight (2 really). I was at the bookstore and this woman next to me recommended this one book and I picked it up, looked at it and decided I wasnt going to actually buy it... but oh and behold, I read the first few pages and it seems actually kinda interesting. I felt bad and since the book was only 12$ and I kinda might like it, I decided to buy it. I recommended My Sisters Keeper to her and she bought it too... hopefully she will like it, because I loved it. Maybe its all meant to be... maybe I am meant to read this book she suggested "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" and she is supposed to read the one I did. Once I read it, which probably wont be til next week, I will let you know if I feel it was "meant to be".
But for now Im going to dive into the other book I purchased 'Stumbling on Happiness'. I know, I know... me, self-help? Its not really a self-help book just sounds like it. Its recommended by the guy who wrote Blink! and The Tipping Point. The first page caught me like the sticky stuff on geckos feet (heheh.. inside joke).
Anyways... off to reading, yet again, I go. Maybe I can start calling it a hobby now that Ive been averaging a book a week.
Besos,
Pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG