Sunday, August 12, 2007

i want you to want to do the dishes

I had a funny conversation with my bestfriend this weekend. We were talking about how "irrational" women supposedly are... I said we are quite simple to understand while he believed there are absolutely no ways of explaining our behavior. It went something like this...

Me: Just because we say something it doesnt mean that we really mean it
Him: See that is crazy!
Me: Just because I say I dont want flowers it doesnt mean that I dont.
Him: See, my ex said that. She said they were expensive and superfluous. A waste of money.
Me: Even I say that but I still want flowers.
Him: ::confused::
Me: See, if you spend 100$ on some roses yes its expensive and kind of a waste of money - get me jewelry instead. But that doesnt mean that I never want any flower. Who wouldnt like to get flowers on a Tuesday, just because.
Him: But you said you didnt like flowers.
Me: What I want is to know how you feel... be it flowers, chocolate, candy, balloons... w/e.
Him: Thats so materialistic
Me: It's not... its not what you give me, its what it means when you give it to me.
Him: How about sex? Thats a meaningful gift.
Me: No, bcuz guys always want that. And then you win too. So its not about me.
Him: If you want flowers why dont u just say it then!
Me: Because it takes away from it. Its not about the flowers... its about making me feel special. Its not that hard... just get me some flowers (or something) from time to time.
Him: That gets expensive.
Me: You know whats expensive?
Him: What?
Me: DIVORCE.
Him: lol. you have a point.

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG