Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I was made for...

working. Without a doubt. Yesterday was my first day and just walking from the garage to work made me feel like the whole world was right. On boarding yesterday was pretty good... other than the fact that there were 31 people in my class, of which only 7 were guys! LAME!!

Today was great but a little different. I would be lying if I said I didnt think of felipe. Driving to work, waiting for the train to pass, seeing my old desk, going to the cafeteria, ppl asking about him... its surreal to walk the same steps with such a different mindset. But I got over that very quickly. I actually got my badge, computer, email, intranet and 'comunicator' all set up and everything! I was surprised at the progress seeing that on Friday my manager called and said 'do you know who you report to? oh to me.. right. I gotta see where you are sitting and if we got u a computer'.
I also found out what kinda of stuff I will be working on and Im so thrilled... our learning budget is in the millions. Its all highly confidential, I cant even talk to other ppl at work about it! I will be working on multiple parts of this project for a few months and then I will focus on one part of the global business so it should be really fun. Although it will take a little while to get it all rolling, Im sure in no time I will be swamped with work... and im actually looking forward to it. I know it all sounds kinda pathetic... and I will probably deny all of this in a few weeks when i have no time for lunch or bathroom breaks, but isnt it great to just love work?

As amazing as just going to work has been, I cant dismiss the impact that my morning calls have had. Berto called today and yesterday morning before he and I headed to work. Its amazing how when it comes to 'being successful at work' noone is better at talking to me than him... he is just always great at getting me focused in general. i love him with every little inch of my heart and the best part is that regardless of how 'different' he is i know he loves me too... =)

But hey.. its way past my bedtime. Gotta be at work at 6:30AM tomorrow... 3hr conference call with Geneva. Damn time zones!

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG