Friday, August 17, 2007

in the middle of the night

Last night Rachel and I talked for 2 hours and 45 minutes... it was 3 AM when I finally went to sleep. See, thats the problem when you roommate lives in the West Coast and you live on EST. I know, I know.. she is not my roomie anymore. But if you heard us talk, we might as well be. Instead of telling you all about our convo I will just give you some highlights...

Perfect Man
* I told her my new criteria for my next guy. Her response: "yeah... that doesnt exist". But she did recommend I look into Mr. Wonderful . Its a possibility.
* We agreed that half of my criteria will probably become irrelevant if I actually want to go on more dates.
* In spite of me wanting to keep an age restriction of 24/25 years old, Rachel convinced me to change it to 24-28 years old. Men are way behind on maturity level anyways.

Crappy Things Now that Im Out of College / Growing Up
* Work just sucks the life out of you. And all your friends work too, so calling someone at midnight or 2PM just isnt acceptable anymore.
* "When was the last time you got tested?" might actually be a way of hinting that you are interested in sleeping with them... what a sad/harsh reality.
* Not being able to just skip work and hang out in pjs all day or go to the beach (especially me being in Cincinnati and all).
* Going out on Fridays and calling it a night by midnight!

Things I Cant Believe We Discussed
* My "oh-so-perfect" ex didnt figure out my bday gift all by himself!!! And here I was putting him on a pedestal...
* Maybe if you dont have sex with them for the first 6 months of the relationship then they wont cheat on you... (I gotta try this one bcuz seriously this is just ridiculous)
* We kinda made a bet about how overworked and anti-social someone is...
* I told her about Ayola's discovery... "after you are intimate with 12 ppl, then you find the right one"! No thank you very much.

Its funny how "normal" staying up til 3AM on the phone feels like... my whole life Ive furthered my relationships this way... whether it was all nighters in high school, or gChats at 3am or drunk calls in the middle of the night. There is something about the night time that allows conversations just to flow... no interruptions, no other noises, the darkness... all of a sudden you connect with the other person like you just wouldnt over a lunch talk. The way I see it, 3 hour convos are a great thing.

Anyways, enough blabing. I gotta go to the gym. Overall yesterday was a reallyyyyy good day. I worked out tons, dinner was good, made progress on scrapbooking and talked to my roomie =)
Im so pumped about the weekend!!!

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG