Monday, August 27, 2007

"diary of a restroom user"

I was inspired by the movie I watched today but obviously I wasnt as talented when it came to choosing a title... anyways!
So I go to the restroom at the mall today... (its actually a funny story, i promise) when I come in there are three girls already in the stalls. They are chatting and chatting away, because of course, as women we must socialize while we pee.... anywyas... I guess these girls didnt notice I came in, and if they did they just didnt care... as I am, you know, peeing I hear the following exchange:

Girl 1: Oh come on... give him a chance!
Girl 2: I dont even know him.
Girl 1: Im sure it will be fun
Girl 2: I am not having you set me up on a blind date
Girl 3: How bad can it be, come on, just give it a try!
Girl 1: There is just one thing I forgot to mention...
Girl 2: What?
Girl 1: I havent actually seen or talked to him
Girl 2: WHAT??
(washing their hands)
Girl 1: Well, he is my rommates friend but she says he is really nice
Girl 3: Oh if Mary* says he is nice then he must really be
Girl 2: Look, im just not going on a blind date
Girl 1: Its not like you can get a date of your own anyways, so you might as well
Girl 2: OH! Dont even get me started
Girl 3: OMG! Look how awful my butt looks in the mirror
(a.d.d. moment...)
Girl 2: Oh no.. you have a butt chin!

As I washed my hands after these girls had left I wondered to myself, who sets up their friends on blind dates with guys they never even met? Why do we have such a crazy desire to chat so openly when we are all "hovering" half naked, staring at each others last-weeks nailpolish and focusing intently on "minimizing splash sound"? And most importantly what is a butt chin?????

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG