Sunday, September 9, 2007

salsa but no chips

butt-um-bum... bad joke!

For a few years ive been wanting to enroll in salsa lessons. My reasons have ranged from not looking like a fool to picking up guys to just having fun... If you've ever seen me dance, you know I never took the lessons. See I learned not to care - or just to drink enough until I didnt care. But last week for the first time ever I decided to drag my butt into 'class'.
Class was nothing like what I expected (i know i know... i gotta stop having expectations). There were about 20 people and including myself probably 3 'latinos'. More women than men (boo face). Primarily couples (BOO face). And tons of them were from work (BOO FACE) We learned two 8-count steps and I think I would get a B (probably a B+) on my 'performance'. But if you put in a 'curve' for all the clumpsy men Id so have an A!!!
I know I cant dance. I know I need some tequila in me to really let loose and get some movement in me... but damn! we had to rotate every few counts and so every girl got to dance with every guy and like that you could learn to accomodate different partners... you know, its hard to accomodate some ppl when they step on your feet... or when their knee keeps on hitting your leg... or when they are dripping sweat on you.
But you know what... as much as I wish I got partners that led me instead of trample me, I give these men a props for trying =) And hence.. I shall be there again on Thursday night... hopefully this time we will ALL be more coordinated otherwise I might need a new pair of feet.

<3 Pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG