Friday, September 7, 2007

not everything changes

They say that time changes things,
but you actually have to change them yourself.
- Andy Warhol

Since August 2002, I have done a lot of things... a lot of time has passed... Ive created so many new memories that somehow it would seem that things I experienced back then wouldnt be so 'real' anymore. I could count in one hand how many times Ive talked to this one friend since then. But the other night, when I was already in bed almost asleep, my phone rang and to my surprise (and his) I recognized his voice immediately. What amazes me the most isnt that I can remember his voice... but how natural and comfortable it seemed to chat the night away. And chat we sure did... so much that I ended up oversleeping and was almost late for training at work! All worth it though... It really is amazing how hard it is to make conversation with people I see everyday but so easy with someone I have seen/talked to once in the last 5 years. It really says something about how well we connect =) I know we will probably go for a long time without talking again but I hope that we dont wait for months and months to pass before giving each other a call. He invited me for a wknd but Im not sure if ill be able to make it. Hell, I should take advantage of it soon otherwise we might just meet up again at an AARP convention.

<3 Pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG