Monday, September 24, 2007

just wat the doc recommended

As I mentioned a few weeks ago, this weekend I went to Seattle to visit an old friend. As it was expected, I slept barely at all, we talked for endless hours, and if I had a dollar for every time I smiled this weekend, id have enough to fly there again next weekend...

Its funny how things are… on Friday I was all worried that perhaps flying across the country to see someone I barely talked to wasnt a very smart idea. I was concerned things would be awkward but instead it felt just as comfortable and relaxing as slipping into those favorite flannel pjs and lounging around the house...

The weekend was packed with amazing stuff... brunch at the Space Needle, an afternoon learning all things music at the Experience Music Project, the 'moon rise' at the bay, I got video of some flying salmon at the the Pike Place Market and tons more. In spite of having shared some nerdiness, we did skip the SciFi exhibit downtown and instead visited the first Starbucks store where we failed to help bums because they didn’t take Paypal. How could I forget to mention... I smoked some delicious apple hookah, it smelled so good... I could still smell the sweet smoke on my skin hours later when I finally went to sleep.

I really like this friend of mine. I always respected him tons, most defitinely the smartest guy I ever met and without a doubt one of the few people I truly admire. It is sad that we never keep in touch... but I am happy for the times we do.

All in all, it was a fabulous and ‘interesting’ weekend and I wouldn’t have changed a single second of it.

Pree =)


EDIT: Come to think of it, I would change one thing... I would have made it a 3 day weekend at least.

1 comment:

SLRd said...

If you find yourself looking for a distraction, might I recommend one that DOESN'T work 65+ hours a week because all work and no play makes SLRd bored and home alone.

SEARCH THIS BLOG