Wednesday, September 12, 2007

inappropriate weather and talks

Last week Cincinnati's weather broke many of its previous 'Record highs'... we didnt go below 94 degrees and at night it was usually on the 80s. This week the temperature dropped over 20 degrees! The days are pleasant (in the 70s) but this weekend, we will actually reach the 40s!!! What happened? Whoever up there keeps track of weather should really straighten up... It sure seems like St. Peter went to sleep during the summer, and hit the snooze button way too many times when it was time to gradually lower the temperature. Instead he got up this week and said 'oh my! we are 50 degrees too hot! no problem' and just droped that thermostat as low as it would go. I am sure you are saying to yourself that all this crazy weather is really a sign of global warming and nature acting up... but I like my story better. At least there is someone to blame!

As far as nature acting up, she sure is! My ovaries have spent the last 2 hours reminding me of their existence. I know they are there, but still they insist on kicking and screaming... totally unnecesary. Mother nature has proven to me monthly with very clear signs that I have ovaries. I most defitinely know I have them. Now why do they insist on causing this scene every time?!? Maybe they actually enjoy the drugs, maybe they want me to take pills, maybe thats it... or maybe Im just going crazy.

Speaking of ovaries (i know... where could this sentence lead us!) today I had some very interesting conversation at work... during my on-boarding with my HR contact we discussed my birth control (thank God for huddle rooms), I got advice from my boss' boss on good gyno's locally and last but not least my manager openly told me how she is changing my training plan so that I meet more single men! I couldnt help but laugh... Her rationale is: we like you, we want you to stay in cincinnati, if you are alone you might get bored/sad, then you might move and leave the company... so she really did suggest changes to my training plan so that I will meet these (few) available men... lol! At least she said the one from finance is cute (and im assuming smart!)...

Enough blabing for today.

<3 Pree

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

Don't worry- You will get used to Cincinnati's weather soon enough. Nothing is ever normal! Temperatures will jump and fall, and you never know what to wear. Welcome to Cincinnati!!

SEARCH THIS BLOG