Tuesday, January 8, 2008

resigned to live

New plans.. new year... new 'life'... and a whole new look to go with it (i hope you like it).

Like I mentioned the other day, I would say my plan is to be and be without reservations - be well, be balanced, be true to myself and be the best that I can be.I've been working on a list of principles to live by to help me fulfill this life plan…

Life Plan Principles 1.0

- Follow my 'syllabus'. Success in my life is measured by me and noone else; so I gotta decide what goes towards my 'final grade', how much everything is worth and how often I grade it... I define my success, I define what makes an 'A'. No questions asked.

- Embrace the moment. Embrace and cherish the happy, the sad ,the stress, the laughther, the tears, the fervor and all emotions that life brings. I don’t want a rated G life in black and white.

- Do what is right, for me and for others, It may be hard, it may be easy, it may be clear or unclear… when in doubt ask myself ‘If I am remembered by anyone at all… and this is the only thing they will remember about me… what action/decision should I take?’

- Give people the benefit of the doubt. I may misunderstand people, or their motives may not be clear to me… but I will err on giving the benefit of the doubt. And if anything I won’t jump to conclusions… i'll ask.

- Give people (and myself) a second/third/fourth/fifth chance. Everyone makes mistakes, its what we do about them that matters most.

- Take chances. ( a few things in this category…) To have anything worth having, we have to make hard choices. To win big you need to risk big. When you say yes to something, you are not saying yes to millions of other things… sometimes its a compromise, sometimes it’s a sacrifice but know it everytime.

- Respect myself. Love me above all else and love others without restraints

- Dream big. Your only limitation is how wild your dreams are… want something and go for it. As Robert Fritz said once: "If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." One part of this is my 'bucket list' which I'll add in the next few days...


They may change... but the intent wont.


Pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG