Thursday, January 24, 2008

deep breath, deep breath

The phone hasnt rang much lately... but the last few times it did, I rather it just hadn't... maybe its this whole 'jan 24 is the most depressing day of the year' story I heard...

First, I got a call late last night that totally bummed me out. Now basically my Chicago and Matchbox Twenty plans are down the freaking drain! I was all excited about going to the concert and hanging out with Pie... now he is not going... a job interview or something. Which leaves me potentially alone for the wknd in frigid Chicago and going to the concert by myself. (see, I got my plane ticket with my work travel...)

Second call... Sasquatch is having a really crappy time. I was out at dinner and ignored a few of his calls, and when I did get to talk to him it broke my heart that I wasnt there for him the moment he called... after I left dinner we did talk for a while but it kills me to hear him be upset... some stuff has been happening but I think today was really the last draw and he was defitinely shaken up (not that anyone other than me gets to see that side of him so its good i use my alias). I miss him so much.

In other news... i had lunch with this guy from work (let's call him Chief) and we had tons of non work things to talk about... it was really fun. Im excited about making more friends outside of the circle I have right now.

(total tangent.... Candidate interview and panel tomorrow... woohoo, i get to see the scared and nervous 'kids' trying to get an offer... i remember those days... )

Now back to your regular programming: for the first time in the last god knows how many months its Thursday night (almost Friday) and I still have no weekend plans... crazy! suggestions?

gnite, bed time...

Pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG