Monday, December 24, 2007

how do you like me now?

I had dinner with a few friends and their families... some ppl look like they are doing better, some not so much - but lets not go into gossip now, Im better than that (at least until xmas is over). I didnt only see my friends (and siblings) but I had the oh so fortune luck to see their parents too.... I wasnt thrilled seeing that some of the parents I saw this wknd 'hated' me when I was in high school. They thought I was 'bad influence' on their children and didnt want me around... I had friends' parents that went as far as blocking my phone number from calling their house... some answered the phone when I called and told me to not call again... and some actually got my number, called ME and told me to back off their kids because they loved their kids and I shouldnt be around! (i know, you must be surprised because I am seriously an angel... ok, maybe not an angel, but I know how to behave for goodness sake... these parents make it seem like i pushed their kids into drugs/sex/alcohol/theft/bulimia/suicide... nope, not me. I was relatively an exemplary child... but why take responsibility for crappy kids and crappy parenting when we can just blame the girl who has no curfew) Now things are different... Im one of the few ppl in our whopping 16-ppl graduating class that actually hasnt 'screwed up' by their own standards. Oh yes ma'am, I did finish school. Oh yes ma'am, I have a degree that means not only something but actually a lot. Oh yes ma'am, I have a good paying job. Oh yes ma'am, I still have no children/husband/live-in mate. Oh yes ma'am, I am a smart, responsible woman... and it all came from that 'irresponsible bad influence' that you didnt want to call your house. IN YOUR FACE is all I have to say.

How does it feel to be wrong????

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG