Sunday, April 20, 2008

commitment-phobic?

I know Ive been absent for a little while, but forgive me for having a life... okay, maybe I dont have one but let's indulge me can we?! Today we can talk about, 1) my fabulous new haircut 2) my current luv-life situation 3) my lack of sex 4) work/weather/other boring topic.

I sure could talk about topic 3 quite a bit, but instead of sitting here and feeling sorry for myself, why dont we talk about topic 2 - much more entertaining.

Anyways... since we last talked about this I've had quite some attention on the guy department. Between random texts/calls from ex's, facebook msgs and Mr. Engineer giving away that he is wayyyyy too into me, Ive had some ego-boosting moments. As I had promised I went out with Mr. Engineer again. Surprise, surprise, we had dinner. Decent place, again he spent quite a bit. The date was totally uneventful... the only things worth mentioning are: he is so NOT as attractive as I thought he was, he didnt dress to impress (and he didnt) and I told him I was out of town this weekend so I wouldnt have to deal with him asking me out.

Friday night I saw the flower guy (and got more flowers!) - It was a 7 hr 'date', dinner with 12 of his friends and then my first bonfire! It was a really good time, but stirred up thoughts in my head. Dont get too excited, I dont have the balls to type those thoughts just yet. Let's just say that as the mysteriousness unveils I have to remind myself to not overthink and overanalyze things as I am so prone to. So Saturday night, I hung out with flower guy again (9 hr 'date')... I know! I know! Dont lecture me, I know I shouldnt see him so often (and for so long). But who am I to follow dating rules? Im not as confident of how well this would turn out so maybe I should try to stick to at least some rules... uh..nah!
Well, so Saturday we had this very awkward moment where I was talking to this woman at the Cinci Flower show, and when he approaches me she says 'oh so you are the boyfr-' at which point we both tell her that no, no, not boyfriend. Certainly not boyfriend. (hell just the thought gives me the creeps!) But not to worry, like smart people we just ignored the moment... until silly him brought it up a few hours later!!! But it is okay... I think we are both in a space that says 'here just for fun'.

Seeing that we just started seeing each other and have an agreement that we date other people, I wont pull out the criteria list for comparison yet. Or get my hopes up for that matter, after all it is life and it all could go to shit next week.

Damn, I sound so bitter... Am I becoming commitment-phobic? Maybe just enjoying life as it comes... we'll see.

Ta-ta for now!
pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG