Thursday, November 29, 2007

target: i love thee

Target is my therapy. And from what I am learning, I am not alone.

For some reason this week Target has come up at least twice a day on my work conversations. It has really gotten me thinking about the stores... Personally, I love Target. And it seems that many many other women do so as well. You may think that love is a strong word to describe how one feels for a store... especially a large retailer that basically copy/pastes its stores all across the country.
But the truth is... Target makes me (and many other women) happy. Which is more than I can say for most men out there!

One day I saw this case study on Target, and one of the interviews that was highlighted was this woman who said 'I used to shop here maybe twice a month, but since I got divorced I come here at least once a week.' When you think about it, that may seem like a random change in habits... but when asked the woman said that 'Target is the only place I feel normal. When Im at church or at work or with friends, I feel like I am a divorcee or I remember my situation... but when Im at Target it goes away. I feel like a normal person and it makes me happy'.

So this week I was talking to someone at work on how I had to stop going there because every trip ends up with over 100$ off my bank account... and of course, they agreed that the same happened to them. In talking we discovered that secretly, Target is our little 'dirty' secret... that there are days when you are feeling down, or sad, or blah, or angry, or upset... and somehow, something inside of you just says 'Go to Target' and you do... and it all gets better.

I havent been sad, or angry or upset or blah... but Im already looking forward to going in on Saturday just to walk the isles - to see what they have, new things to discover! A whole hour will be lost and I wont even notice it...

A cool exercise... if you Google search 'I love Target' you get 55,300,000 pages. That is more than twice as many pages as 'Britney Spears' (and you can imagine how many pages are on that!)... its more than 5 times the number of pages for Angelina Jolie and more than 20 times more pages than 'I hate Walmart'...

Off to dream about circles and reds...

Pree

PS: Cool video I saw at work today...

1 comment:

Prinda said...

i love target, too, more than any money-conscious person should... and especially for a person who is trying to keep to the simple life, and not fill her apartment with lots of things i don't REALLY need... lol

everytime i go to target, it takes me well over an hour to get back out again. haha.

SEARCH THIS BLOG