Monday, November 5, 2007

Surving Work: Part 1

I love my job. I whine a lot about the amount of hours Ive been working, but all in all I enjoy my job so much I wouldnt change it for anything else. However... not all is happy and dandy, otherwise they wouldnt have to pay me as much as they do. So I figured Id give you a little glimpse into the work-related random thoughts that have been running in my mind today...

* The woman in the cube next to mine gets to work at 5:15 AM. How does that qualify as work/life balance?
* I got out of work today and it was dark... I feel I might become a person I dont want to be.
* Ive been dreaming about meetings a few times a week. Its starting to get out of hand.
* I cant believe I was so excited to buy a week of vacation for next year.
* My manager has 9 days left of vacation til the end of the year, but they'll probably go to waste bcuz she cant be away from the office that much. How sad is that?
* Training u'd think they wouldnt need to offer...
- How to get along/work with your coworkers (today was the 3rd time since August I got training on this)
- Unspoken rules (read = politics at work)
* Speaking of politics... it would be nice to get rid of the politics so I can actually get work done!
* My manager is so busy I have to come in at 7am for us to actually have uninterrupted meetings.
* When you have 'mandatory' full-day team building within 10 days of each other, you know something is terribly wrong... or noone is really into working.

I have so much work stuff to write about... but I gotta get in at 7ish tomorrow, so I better hit the bed. More to come soon Im sure, bcuz I cant hold in all these thoughts on: my manager, my mentor, my coworkers, the politics, the 'team building', my personal 'development'...

this is the job I always dreamt of, it just looked different in my dream...

Pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG