Tuesday, October 2, 2007

About time they hung

They say 30 is the new 20, but Im pretty sure that doesnt apply to me because I feel my body in the time schedule of a senior citizen. I wish that entitled me to the discounts but instead Im just stuck with funky eating and sleeping times. I want to have lunch at 11, dinner at 5 and be in bed by 8... I do force myself to catch that second wind... which is dying out right about now. So forgive my 'drowsy fingers'. Im going to keep this short...

My mom visited me for a couple of days and it was nice. We did tourist-y things in Cincinnati and I actually really appreciate the city a little more (not that I didnt before, but telling someone new how cool it is made me believe it a little more too). She clearly had rock-bottom expectations bcuz her level of satisfaction with the city was almost fake. Her visit had some definitively interesting conversations and remarks but that will have to wait for a time Im more awake...

I got home from the airport a little while ago and surveying the place to see what she forgot I paid more attention to what she did to my apartment while I was at work today. Not bad but it will get some getting used to where everything is now. Also...

- My paintings, diploma, awards and 'knick-knacks' now cover my once hospital looking walls. (my 200$-frame with 10$Prague-paintings look fabulous in the living room... after all that money and effort, its about time they hung on my wall)
- Im now left with 2 kilos of chocolate (i know its not real punishment but it sure doesnt help me get thinner)
- Mom unpacked the last 4 boxes that were in the living room (to me they had become invisible but hey, I wasnt going to stop her)
- My 'Goodwill' corner has doubled in size
- Mom 'reorganized' my whole place and from what I noticed she must have crossed paths with a few items that maybe she would have preferred not to know about (ok, Im the one who wishes she hadnt but still... privacy!!)
- And my ultimate 'favorite' (read sarcasm)... so that I dont feel 'alone' in my room I now have this pink 4-foot doll sitting in the corner and staring at me with its plum-sized blue stitched eyes.

[picture of doll to go here if I can find my camera in the apartment... if she kept it in her purse i am seriously going to CRYYYYYYYYY]

Where she got it from? Dont ask... all I have to say is, I have kept some mementos for wayy too many years... which in itself could be a whole post (oh dont act so surprised now, im not that easy to read)

Now off to sleep under the watch of scary 'Emily' (thats not a pseudo, it has been her name for the last 8 years Ive had her... i know, i can be so pathetic at times...)

P

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG