Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hello Loner World

So Ive used Lonely Planet almost like a bible for the past 2 months. After all, it kinda is the bible for travellers... I never really put much thought into its name - Lonely Planet. But tomorrow, for the first time since I left the US I will be... well, alone. First my mom left and it was a little weird just being me and Berto. But we got used to it and it was actually kinda nice. Its easier to keep pace with just one person instead of two. We developed this neat routine where we'd sightsee like crazy and then sit down for dinner everynight over a few beers and just chat away. We talked about everything... old times, new times, the future, bf/gf, random ppl, just about anything. We have seriously spent every waking (and sleeping since we are always int he same dorm) moment together. Its been neat bcuz we got to know each other really well... I thought I knew him pretty well, but travelling together makes you know someone very differently. It has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life and sharing it with someone was really great. But as of tomorrow we go separate ways... we will leave Interlaken on the same train but I will get off on a different stop. He will go to Geneva (and then to Spain) while Im off to Paris and then London. Its weird to think that today will be the last time I'll see him for a long time... Its weird that I will now have to watch my own back in the metro and in the train station. Its weird that I will be one of those ppl who sit at cafes by themselves or goes down to the pub in the hostel so that I dont have to sit in the room in silence by myself. Now I will have to be more careful bcuz its me taking care of me.
Im sure it will be great... getting to know myself better, getting a little bit of "air" and personal space... in a certain way Im looking forward to it, but it might just be bcuz I should just embrace it instead of fight it. I dont know what its going to be like to walk around the streets and metros and not have someone to share the funny moments with. It sucks bcuz I wont even have a phone (not that anyone ever cares to call anyways). Maybe I will just pour it all into my journal and be satisfied with that.
It will be different. Very different. Hopefully the positives will outweight the negatives. But I guess Ill find out soon enough.
much love
Pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG