Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pleasant Surprise

Its interesting that some pretty good things have already come from this break up and this whole "get the hell out of cincinnati trip"...

First of all, I have been praying at night before I fall asleep. My prayers arent the longest but they have been very heartfelt. In spite of myself, I prayed and asked Jesus for strength. Seeing that He knows best I did my best to not pray for us to be back together or to get over him all together, instead I prayed for the strength to go on with my head held up high. The funny thing is... since I started asking for strength my days have been amazing. I can probably count in 2 hands the number of tears Ive shed about this. Needless to say Im looking forward to mass tomorrow and find out what the liturgy of the word is going to be about.

Secondly, I have been blessed to be actively reminded of how amazing my friends are and how no matter what I have lots of people who love me more than anything in the world. My friends have made a point to be here for me no matter whats going on in their lives - its been an email to brighten my day, or a call during lunch time to say hello, texts during the day to entertain, or phone calls late in the night so I dont fall asleep alone... all to make sure that Im holding on fine and to remind me that no matter what I can count on them. I love these people... I couldnt be more blessed. Ayo - thanks for having me over. jess - thanks for the calls, videos, msgs. christian - thanks for the good night calls. mary - thanks for being the best shoulder thru tough times. clari - thanks for even caring. berto - thanks for the lovely dinner u are taking me out to tomorrow. rachel - thanks for the talk last week, it changed everything. prinda - thanks for hte msgs and hte coffee. suzi - thanks for listening. rigo - u always appear when i need u the most. audry - thanks for inviting me to a wknd away... ohh the list goes on.

There have been so many other things... but the last one worth mentioning is how this trip to Florida has really helped me refresh my mind. I was so obsessed with making things work with felipe that I almost lost sight of the most important thing of all... me and what I really want. I somehow had stored in a shelf what is important to me and what Im worth. Im happy to be setting things straight and clearing my mind... I know what I want and if you know me, Im going to get it.

So Im in Florida for a few more days before I head over to Cincinnati... Ive gotten a great tan (thanks to the Nudist Resort - story to come later) and it seems my mind is getting back in place... the heart is coming... but I would say the outlook is very good =)

These past few days have been a blessing in disguise.

Pree

PS: By the way!!!!! I got the National SWE award that Jess nominated me for back in April. Im so thrilled!!!!!!

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG