Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Scientific approach

So here I am in gorgeous, beautiful, "homey" Florida. After actually sleeping in, I decided to take a proactive approach on this moving on business... as a good engineer I decided that I should look at what research has been done on the matter.I got loads of information on what constitutes a broken heart and the symptoms that go with it. Here is a brief summary:
Apparently, a broken heart (or heartbreak) is a common metaphor used when a human being suffers an emotional or physical loss, to the extent that it begins to cause them physical or physiological pain. The symptoms of a "broken heart" include everything from a perceived tightness of the chest, similar to an anxiety attack to stomach ache to denial to paralysis!

Seriously I cant get paralyzed again much less afford doctors right now so hopefully the whole paralysis stays away... imagine me looking like a pirate again?! I would never pick up guys like that.. geez.

Alright... now onto what matters. Treatment!
Because "heartbreak" is a subjective emotional trauma and not a medical condition, conventional treatment does not exist. (Great!!Now that is helpful! NOT!) Depending on the psychological nature of an individual and the severity of the trauma, the length of time for the symptoms to disappear naturally will greatly vary. In most cases effects will last for a period of months.(Months????) However, there are cases in which longer time is required to recover.(Seriously? I want it to be done already!) In cases of limerence the average recovery time ranges from 6 to 18 months.(Damn! You could make 2 babys on that amount of time!) It is claimed that the only cure for a broken heart is time, or acceptance of the loss.
What kind of treatment is this? To me it doesnt seem like it would fix anything... geez.... maybe this whole scientific approach doesnt really work everytime. I think I'll just go back to my old "im going to think of all of the bad and nothing but the bad" approach. Let's see how that works.. but for now, Im shopping for graduate MBA programs. Once I know where I want to go, I can figure out what grade to get... Is 690 GMAT score too hard?

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG