Tuesday, June 26, 2007

catchin up on some travels...

YOu know how it is when you dont call a friend for a really long time.. and then although you think of calling them, you dont just because there is so much to update them with and you are afraid they might call you out on your absence? Well... it partially explains why I havent blogged in a while. If you are actually following any of this, my "apologies".

So since I blogged we have been to Krakow where we visited Aschwitz I and II - the largest Nazi concentration camps. In Aschwitz II was where all Jews from all over Europe were sent to be exterminated. It is estimated that over 1 million jews were killed in Ascwitz II / Birkenau. It was a sobering experience. I reacted a lot "better"than I thought I was going to but it was still pretty shocking. It was horrible what a "scientific"approach they took to death. I dont really want to blog about any of this but I do think its something that everyone who can should do. We can never forget our past, even if it happened over 60 years ago.

Then we went to Berlin... beautiful, modern, reborn Berlin. We saw where the wall stood and learned a LOT - well, I did. I didnt know too much about the wall other than the basics from 11th grade History class but now I am much more informed.

We detoured then to Copenhagen in Danmark and that is a whole story of itself!

Pictures will come when it coincides that I have good internet, decent computer and facebook is up (seeing that its down right now). Lots of stories about Berlin, the train travels and Copenhagen... but I gotta get ready. We are going to Anne Frank's house and then off to the Red Light District here in Amsterdam.

Much love,
Pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG