Sunday, March 9, 2008

snowmaggedon

You may have been worried that Ive been missing for a while (alright maybe not) but fear not dear friends, I have survived the unprecedented, un-natural 'SNOWMAGEDON'! I can finally step outside of my Armageddon Shelter and say hello to ye faithful reader(s) (somebody is gotta be out there?! right?!? hello...)

Alright, so maybe you didnt hear about the our near-death experience in Cinci. But for the past few days we saw over 15" of snow in less than 2 days (which is HUGE for Cincinnati).

From my short past experience, the news will call a big snow storm the 'White Death'. But no, this time it was more than just that...

The weather forecast was officially "Blizzard".
We had a 'Level 3 Snow Warning' and when I went on the road Saturday 11:30 AM the big signs on I-71 S read "Level 3 Snow Warning. Only EMERGENCY vehicles on the roads"... and seriously, all I saw on the expressway were - NOT emergency vehicles - people pulled over to the side to take pictures of snowangels or something on I-71. It was 11:30 AM, and they had just sorta plowed my parking lot... they had sorta salted the streets near my house and they had NOT plowed or salted the expressway!!! See picture below:


Apparently they didnt think it was necessary to make the roads driveable! Well, after all where would people go... everything was closed! The gym, the restaurants, the mall... no sign of the postman or life anywhere really! All of Cincinnati was in a 'bomb-shelter' waiting for the Snowmagedon to pass...

Oh Cincinnati... Im new to all this and I didnt make THAT big deal of it all.
Now let's see how long it will take for the snow to melt... I say 5 days at least.

Pree

PS: Totally unrelated... but if you missed the Daily Show on Thursday, you gotta watch this

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG