Sunday, February 3, 2008

work hard, play harder

I went to bed Thursday night in the middle of a terrible storm in Chicago... I was sure the weekend was going to be good but also dreary and cold - not that special. It is now Sunday afternoon, Im sitting at O'Hare and I coming to realize that I couldnt have been more wrong. The last 56 hours have been nothing but spectacular!

I spent the whole time with one of my old friends from high school (lets call her Money, bcuz she is bound to make tons of it). We had an amazing time all weekend. We shopped (yay for new earrings!), we slept, we 'rocked' at the Matchbox Twenty (and Alanis Morissette) concert, we ate great food, we shopped for condos and lofts to buy... and if it wasnt enough, the cherry on top... Money insisted we went out last night to a place called Martini Park and it was G R E A T ! To make a great and long (but not long enough) story short, it can basically be summed up to 'Wow! Wow!' or 'Damn, I wish I lived in Chicago'. Even Money was surprised at how great this guy was... and she tends to disaprove of anyone I pick... I have this silly smile on my face today... you know THAT smile that you get the morning after, the one that ppl look at you and just wish they were smiling half as much as you are, the one that says 'im lost in my memories and i dont want to get back'... I have THAT smile but honestly not THAT much happened, but what did was great.

Now off to fly home, drink lots of liquids... and maybe go to a Super Bowl party.
Ive been thinking, and I think Ive been making really good use of my weekends :o) Can barely wait for next Friday!

pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG