Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day one - in the plane headed to mumbai

"Day one - in the plane still"
Alright... I'm a bit behind on posting this but typed it on the plane on the way over...

Gosh, twenty minutes in and I'm already looking like an out of place tourist... diner served on plane... Plane food, how hard to decipher can it be? Alright, usually a little...anyhow... I figured out what was rice and I figured out the panir (ricotta cheese that I had eaten before), but then there were other things... Thank god for labels! But What is this mango and chilli thing? More importantly.. Does it go into the plain yogurt? Or maybe into this yellow milky thing? How do you eat the seeds... The packaging is all confusing... And gosh, that is the biggest chili in such a tiny salad... Oh hey parmesan creamy dressing! I know that one!
After being puzzled and determined to eat I ask my small airplane seating area neighbor if I should mix the mango mix with yogurt or milk... Turns out it goes with the rice, it is extra spicy! Oh and the milk thing... It was sweet sweet desert.
I tried a little of everything... Passed on the seeds... My neighbors stashed their seeds in their purse... Maybe it's a snack for later?! No idea....
Survived my first unsupervised, non english menu, indian dinner.'>Day one

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG