Friday, September 25, 2009

can life be a fairy tale?

a weird question popped into my head today: Can I be saved? Could I be a damsel in distress? Would a knight in shinning armor rescue me? I dont ask this literaly of course but I wonder... can I be in a situation of predicament that would require a hero to dash and rescue me?

I've tried for a long time to be independent; to be strong; to not depend on others. I dont want to be presumptious and say I am self-sufficient (although sometimes I mistakenly try). But I am starting to wonder if I do need to be more "helpless"?!?! For a relationship to work, do I need to to make him feel needed? Does he have to be given the opportunity to rescue me? I am thinking through all my relationships and I think that it is true. As I look through 'literature', research does seem to confirm men need to feel needed.

While I think about making others feel more needed I wonder... is it that my needy-ness isn't the kind they need? or is it that I am truly not in-need of them?

Is it a question of finding the right balance? Or finding a different person? It seems that making them feel needed it No 1. But how do I get that? I feel I am quite needy as is... just on things that are less tangible to men.

If only there was a dragon... I would know much more clearly where and how to make myself vulnerable and wait for rescuing.

oh life, why are some things so complicated....
pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG