Tuesday, August 4, 2009

first day - mixed feelings

Almost in front of my house there is this really tall radio/tv tower that you can see from at least a mile when you turn into my street. I saw that tower on my way home today and I couldnt be happier... but that last mile never seemed to end.. I just wanted to be home so badly. Today was my first day, and almost the whole time I wanted it to be over already.

So my day wasnt terrible, but it sure wasnt 'great'. I was looking for a nice starting week - get settled in, set up my desk, have my onboarding meetings, have some training. Instead, I was running from meeting to meeting trying to prepare for this 'BIG meeting' tomorrow - almost didnt have lunch. So yeah, I know I have no right to complain but I wish I had come home from work and felt 'awesome' which didnt happen. Lets see how tomorrow goes.

I really need to start preparing myself mentally for THE curve (click for picture). If I can prevent what I felt back in 2007 in any way, I sure want to.

On happier news, movie night tomorrow night!

tata for now,
pree

No comments:

SEARCH THIS BLOG